Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Analyzing kitchen utensils.

Oh my God, now I'm actually blogging AND watching a movie. I usually perform poorly on multitasking especially that that's not the kind of movie to have your mind occupied by something else. On the other hand I don't know if it's very wise to watch a Stephen King production in the nighttime, ALONE. And I have to wear my glasses to look at the TV screen but when looking at my laptop screen they give me a headache. So many issues!

I wanted to write about a different issue that's been itching me since this morning. I always fall for a certain sort of questions that get my head cracked up; I still rack my brains over "If you could be a sound, what would you be?". Music and sounds are very important to me so I really want to give my best response at that one. But it's already taken me three years and I still don't have a clue. It took me only a little less time to realize that my favorite bone is clavicle. And right now I'm puzzling over Kitchen Utensil Reincarnation.
So basically the question is: "if you were to reincarnate into a kitchen utensil, which one would you be?"

I would be most inclined to reply that I would be a spatula, just because it's such an awesome word. If I had to just repeat one word until the end of my life I would probably end up randomly saying "spatula!" out of the blue. But when you come to think of it, spatulas aren't cool at all. They just turn the food from one side to another or scrape seared sauce from the bottom of the saucepan. I don't know why but to me spatulas seem kind of... obsequious...? I know, a weird connotation.

I know I certainly wouldn't be a zester. It looks very dangerous. And definitely NOT a blender. Bad memories.

Ladle is cool. You could just pour the soup from the pot into a bowl but a ladle enables you to do it more precisely, not to spill the soup. Also it looks just very sunny (now ladles look sunny, that time of the night,huh?), their stoutness make them seem very likable. But I don't think that this would necessarily be my characteristic.

Grater just doesn't seem nice. And it's hard to clean it. And even if you do clean it with a sponge, the fiber gets stuck in the holes. I mean, it's about hygiene too.

Mortars give me chills. Too many horror books.

Is nutcracker still a piece of kitchenware? I don't know. But still it seems more manly than any other one.

I don't really know what to think of a rolling pin. On the one hand it can turn a big ball of dough into something plane and straight. But on the other hand it's so heavy-handed and unsubtle.

Garlic press and a colander with handle are parallel I think. The former gets the best of garlic and the latter ensures you to get the core of given food, letting all the water go.

So in the end I think I'm a colander. I don't want to have pasta with its water from boiling. I want just the pasta.
 God, that was a weird post.

Song of the day: Any way the wind blows - Sara Bareilles

Just by the way, I've always wanted to own a waffle iron.

No comments:

Post a Comment