Sunday, March 4, 2012

What's on my desk?

I guess I officially changed the 'blog everyday in 2012' resolution into the  'blog frequently in 2012' one. I really feel like blogging at this moment!
So what is happening? I'm sitting at my desk, with my cat Prim (she came before Hunger Games!) continuously trying to place her chin on the keyboard and flipping out whenever I start typing again. When I start typing really fast and the words form themselves on the white of the screen, looking like little ants marching from left to right, she grows considerably more interested and observant. I'm probably gonna have to keep her away from the computer as she might just start jumping at the letters moving fast.
By my right hand stands a 2L thermos full of earl grey tea with raspberry syrup and by my left hand is a purple mug full of the same liquid. I kind of just thought of the tag that I might do right now. So that's how we end up with an enormous number of those?
Near to the cup is my CASIO scientific calculator, which I intend to sell, because my school made me buy it for chemistry classes, but hey, I am not allowed to use it during my finals, I need to get another, simpler one. School is so logical. 
By my right hand there is a stack of books I'm gonna need for my final presentation: literature dictionary, dictionaries of symbols, cultural traditions, myths and everyday objects. Next a magazine clipping on those types of presentations and a notebook where I keep record of all my expenses.
Next, a bookmark (orange with the silhouettes of cats. I must tell you that the notebook and mug mentioned above do have different representations of cats on them as well. I definitely have a thing for cats.) A ziaja olive hand cream, which you should be sad about since it's a brilliant hand lotion and unfortunately you can get it only in Poland. A timetable printed from the Internet for the bus 93 (one that goes from one of the main tramway stations to my church). A study plan (!!!) for March (it says here that I should prepare this crazy final presentation. Like I could forget about it). Next an eco-friendly shopping bag, my family allowance balance from last year, a basket full of pens and pencils (note the magnificent  zig-zag blade scissors! They're so third grade!). A smurf pin that I used to keep on my wallet but it kept falling off. Next there is a desk organizer which does to my papers everything but organize them. A glimpse on that: Visa Application, College Costs Breakdown, my Immunization Record :D, Bible quiz book, more college stuff, blah, photos of Paris, college stuff, my Hannah Montana paper block, a NaNoWriMo planning notebook, college stuff.
A ton of post-it notes. Most of them pink. A big big file organizer with: photos from my cousin's wedding, a Ballet 2000 magazine from June, Johnny Depp filmography, a notebook all filled with things written in runes all over it!, old newspapers (2007), New Year's Resolutions from 2010, sheets of correspondence with the Polish Ambassador in Russia, a map of Berlin and a script from two trainings for Sunday School teachers.
Okay so that's all. My desk is boring. See you tomorrow! Oh, and I tag everyone who reads it. Okay, I tag Nicole ;)
Song of the day: The Scientist - Coldplay
Verse of the day: For I know the plans that I have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you.You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart. Jeremiah 29: 11-13

No comments:

Post a Comment