This is my first time participating in the Bout of Books read-a-thon and the uncanny thing about it is that it comes in the perfect moment of me craving to forfeit the entire next week to reading. It will be either a treat to myself for succeeding at the exams this Thursday and Friday, or a way for me to wallow and depressively binge-read after failing them. Either or, timing is perfect. Here's where you can sign up.
About the Bout of Books:
The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, May 12th and runs through Sunday, May 18th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 10 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books teamMy possible TBR:
1. The Professor by Charlotte Brontë
2. Lolita by Vladimir Nabokov
3. Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
4. Snow Country by Kawabata Yasunari
5. Mr Penumbra's 24-hour Bookstore by Robin Sloan
This TBR may however change as if I decide to go a book club meeting in my town, I will be reading two Martin Pollack's books for that and possibly pushing Lolita for later.
Time devoted to reading:
I will be reading every day all day; because it is just after my exams I have literally nothing going on besides consulting a vet about my cat's dandruff and finding excuses not to iron my laundry so we're good on that front.
- Read at least a thousand pages. The TBR above is over 1300 pages, and I'll probably read more anyway.
- Continue reading one chapter a day of Emma by Jane Austen (I'm reading it consistently one chapter a day for the read-along with YourPantsOfficial, therefore it is not in this TBR, but I'll still be adding pages of it to the count).
- Continue reading chapters of the Old and the New Testament every day
- Track progress at the end of every day (in GMT+1)
Monday, May 12th
Not much happening here, that's alright though since I had known before that I would be out of town. I just read 25 pages of Emma by Jane Austen.
Tuesday, May 13th
173 pages of The Professor by Charlotte Brontë
Wednesday, May 14th
140 pages of The Professor by Charlotte Brontë
94 pages of Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Books finished: The Professor by Charlotte Brontë
Thursday, May 15th
145 pages of Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
26 pages of Mr. Penumbra's 24-hour bookstore by Robin Sloan
Books finished: The Professor by Charlotte Brontë, Ella Enchanted by Gail Carson Levine
Have an awesome time during this read-a-thon!